question

Chris Rosa avatar image
Chris Rosa asked Chris Rosa commented

Dedicated location for software release announcements

Does RC have a dedicated place where planned software releases are announced for Glip, Phone and Meetings (and even the platforms)? Ideally a blog format (with RSS) that's purely from the product teams and not mixed in with the rest of the RC user community. Some examples below.

I'm glad that there's a vibrant user community, and I can't wait to dive in, but I think it makes sense to have a bit of separation to make our admin jobs easier.

GSuite Updates Blog

Cloudflare Blog

UniFi Video Blog

Thanks

community announcement
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeff-salisbury7355 avatar image
jeff-salisbury7355 answered
Makes sense - I think it is part of a larger effort to elevate software management and deployment to an enterprise level documented in many other threads (e.g. making it easy see versions on the enterprise downloads). If I were RingCentral, I would round up 5 or 10 vocal customers, gather their input, and implement their suggestions where possible. They are almost all really easy low hanging fruit with big wins for low effort.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Chris! We do have Release Notes that you can check out :) 
1 |3000

scott8320 avatar image
scott8320 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
It seems that those Release Notes are for November 2018.  Is that still the most recent release?  Thanks for all y'all do!  :-)
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Scott.., 

That is still the most recent release, keep an eye out for our next release, 11.0
0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Rosa avatar image
Chris Rosa answered
I'll bookmark that, but still appears more marketing/C-level oriented, and not geared towards admins. Also no way to subscribe that I can see, RSS or otherwise. See my sample links above.

Thanks
1 |3000

account12769 avatar image
account12769 answered
People want to be notified when there is a release. They don't want to have to hunt it down.
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered Chris Rosa commented
Release notes for February 2019 were posted today at  https://www.ringcentral.com/releases/ ! 
1 comment
1 |3000

Chris Rosa avatar image Chris Rosa commented ·
Would be nice if this was RSS, so you didn't have to come tell us! But I appreciate the help. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app