question

michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 asked saadetswift16514 answered

number transfers taking over 2 weeks

WHY does transferring numbers into RC now take over 2 weeks? The last 3 numbers I have transferred in to RC have all provided a "scheduled" date of 2 weeks before they will even start the process. We have provided 100% of all required info (acct number, pin #, owner info, copy of bill, etc.).

We have also transferred several numbers to other telco companies and they have been able to complete number transfers (porting) in 3 to 12 hrs - not days!

This makes it very hard to sell to new customers we service, when we can set them up on RC almost instantly, but then it takes 2 to 4 weeks to get their number(s) transferred. We are loosing customers over this.

porting and number transfer
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tom-franciosi3602 avatar image
tom-franciosi3602 answered
I typically have the phones from the loosing Telco forwarded to a new RingCentral number and then initiate the porting process.  I prefer, in order of preference, to forward using the *72 process, doing so from within a phone systems (Key, PBX), having the carrier forward the lines, or if VOIP, use their system portal.  Each has challenges, for example Windstream typically doesn't have call forwarding feature enabled (for *72 or carrier forward) and they require your sales rep to activate the feature before you can use it, which never happens fast enough.

But I would love it to happen faster!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 answered
Yes, we do the call forwarding as well.  This gets the incoming calls coming through properly, BUT all their people they are calling sometimes get very confused (or worse, dont answer) because their outgoing caller ID is showing a strange number (ie. temp RC number waiting to be replaced by the transferred/ported number).
1 |3000

tom-franciosi3602 avatar image
tom-franciosi3602 answered
Yep, that can be a problem.  We end up keeping the temp number because we never want to miss a call.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hi Michel,

I spoke to our Porting Team regarding the port in process. So, RingCentral is a wireline carrier (not wireless -  which can take hours) and porting can take a few days, especially depending upon who you are porting away from. Each carrier has different SLAs and we have to adhere to them. Hope that helps! :)
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app