question

kim-g avatar image
kim-g asked dan-weiss commented

Change "Default" ringtone to match my regular iphone ringtone?

I have an iphone that I use exclusively for work. I like a loud ringtone (similar to old fashioned phones), because I work from home, and I need to be alerted if I'm in a different room from the phone. Before I transitioned from the Office@Hand iphone app to the RingCentral app, all calls came through with the ringtone I chose in my settings. Now, with the RingCentral app, I get a completely different ringtone, with no choice for something that's not a soothing sound. The default Xylophone is terrible. Is there a way to change what my "Default" is, so I can make it the same as the old phone sound I've got for all the other calls coming through? Customers tend to call my direct number as well as the RingCentral number, so I need some consistency in the ringtones.

mobile
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered dan-weiss commented
Hey Kim, 

You're able to change ringtones in Glip under your profile, then phone, and ringtone :) 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dan-weiss avatar image dan-weiss commented ·
ringtone isn't an option listed.
Voicemail > Greeting
Outgoing > Call mode & Direct dial
Call Settings > Caller ID, Region, iPhone #, & Ext. Settings
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app