question

lopez12 avatar image
lopez12 asked saadetswift16514 answered

I'd like to add a setting to allow callers to press a key and leave a voice mail when waiting for an agent in a queue

Call Queue Settings

call queuesvoicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey LOPEZ,

I would suggest leveraging the Interrupt Audio and create a custom message saying they can press a certain key that will go to voicemail. Our system is always looking for DTMF tones.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lopez12 avatar image
lopez12 answered
Thank you Saadet. I will give this a try!
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey LOPEZ! Sorry for the delay.

So, after testing a few things out, I forgot to mention that you would want to set up a Message Only Extension - then tell people to press the extension number for that message only extension.
1 |3000

lopez12 avatar image
lopez12 answered
I'm already interrupting every 20 seconds with a message. Where would you associate a key to the voicemail box? My voicemail extension is comprised of a site number and extension number so it's 5 digits long. I'd like to associate key 0 to this extension. Thank you. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app