News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mic volume reset to zero in RingCentral Meetings/RingCentral Meetings embedded on OSX Mojave
Tags: meetings
Sep 23, 2019 at 10:46am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
james-bradd

Has anyone else run into issues recently with RingCentral Meetings/RingCentral Meetings Embedded on OSX where the mic continually resets to zero? Not sure when this started but it's happening on a few different models.

So far we've tried:

• Deleted p-lists and reinstalled
  • Verified application is permitted microphone access
  • Turned on original sound
  • Uninstalled RingCentral Meetings and just used RingCentral Meetings embedded

Feel like this just started within the last few weeks and was not an issue originally with Mojave. My hunch was some kind of internal echo cancellation but that doesn't seem configurable and it would seem like turning on Original sound should circumvent that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

2 Answers
answered on Sep 26, 2019 at 8:18am  
I have confirmed that this is happening in the embedded app. I have OneOdio Studio Wireless C Y80B Headphones. Once I closed the newer RingCentral app and go back to RingCentral Meetings app it works fine.

answered on Sep 23, 2019 at 11:07am  
Hi James,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have identified a bug in the latest release that impacts some Mac OSX Mojave users, and are working on a fix. 

Are you noticing this only on the RCM Embedded (RC App) or also on the RCM standalone app? 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us