question

jayavery avatar image
jayavery asked james-samford commented

Call Monitoring HUD on mobile phone work around - need to answer calls from another ext on my cell and identify them as calls to that ext.

I think we all want the capability that the RC Phone HUD has on our desktop to work on our cell phones but since it doesn't, has anyone found a work around to be able to identify and pickup calls going to a specific ext?

Example: I need to make sure when I'm on my lunch break that I can answer incoming calls to our CEO.

I have tried:

- adding my cell phone to his user call handling, but this simply rings my phone when his rings and I can't distinguis the difference between a personal call to my cell, or a call coming in to him.

- i have the ring central app on my phone, so whenever an incoming call comes into my extension, it shows its from ring central, i want this to happen when a call comes into him.

- i setup a que - being mindful of the above ^^ i tried creating a que to ring .. and named the que CEO .. but i don't know how to trigger this que without an IVR, but i don't want users to have to deal with IVR, i just want it to ring, and me be able to pickup from my cell.

- i tried to trigger the que with call forwarding. The problem is, our numbers are currently being forwarded to ring central's parked numbers so we haven't ported them yet. therefore, when i try to forward the CEO's number to the que, it wont allow it, since the number is already a forwarded number.

Any work arounds / hacks for what I'm trying to accomplish here?

hud
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hey Jay,

I know product is hard at working closing the gaps between the Phone app and the new Unified App. I'll dig and see if I can find any workarounds. Hopefully some of our community users have some ideas too! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered james-samford commented
I haven't found anything yet Jay. 
2 comments
1 |3000

jayavery avatar image jayavery commented ·
I was offered a mobile solution by RC, they sent me a Yaelink wireless , I assigned it as another device for the extension that currently monitors - they told me it would work the same as the deskphone and ring and presence monitor so that we have an "away-from-desk" solution. well, after hours of troubleshooting, they changed their mind and say that now it won't work .. im super frustrated 
0 Likes 0 ·
james-samford avatar image james-samford commented ·
I am also very interested in Call monitoring from my tablet (phone app). This feature would greatly benefit my company. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app