question

reza-beheshti avatar image
reza-beheshti asked Cameron Murphy commented

Text-To-Speech on Edit Name does not work

I am new to RIngCentral and just started to "Admin" the RingCentral for our office. When I try to change the "Name" on an existing extension, after I edit the "User Name" text-to-speech and save it, it does not seem to work, it still pronounces/announces the old/previous name, even when I go back to edit it, it shows the spelling/pronunciation of the new name, but the "Audio" does not change and still has the old name/pronounciation?

What am I doing wrong?

admin portalextension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered
I have experienced the same system bug.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered Cameron Murphy converted comment to answer

Hello Reza!

Seems like you are recycling your old extension. The text to speech option will no longer work if you are trying to recycle your extension by the time that the new update came. 

I would suggest deleting the whole extension and re-do it. 

The deleted extension will now go to Unassigned Extension

Please let me know if you have further questions! 

1 comment
1 |3000

Robert Dillon avatar image Robert Dillon commented ·

Jenn, I have been using this feature for 5 years. We recycle extensions all of the time as people come and go from the company. Is there a timeframe for Ring Central to fix this issue?

Having to delete the entire extension and reset all of that phone and user information is a huge hassle.

Thanks!

2 Likes 2 ·
team-office avatar image
team-office answered

Same issue. The work around is a pain. This is a bug not an enhancement. Should be fixed.

1 |3000

Cameron Murphy avatar image
Cameron Murphy answered arun-guha edited

I was able to resolve this issue by changing "Ring Central Text-to-Speech" to "Record my name" then uploading or recording anything, save it. Reload the page, go back to user and change back to "Ring Central Text-to Speech" with the correct name in the user's settings and it works as intended. There is absolutely no need to rebuild an entire extension like the mod suggested.

1 comment
1 |3000

arun-guha avatar image arun-guha commented ·

Unfortunately Cameron, my posts tend to receive the same attention as yours.

0 Likes 0 ·
arun-guha avatar image
arun-guha answered Cameron Murphy commented

Cameron Murphy thank you so much for your diligence in creating a workaround for this Text-to-Speech System bug.

1 comment
1 |3000

Cameron Murphy avatar image Cameron Murphy commented ·

Happy to help!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app