question

Greg Watson avatar image
Greg Watson asked Greg Watson answered

OAUTH that used to work now gets "Error: Access not granted or expired.:

I have created an app that reads and updates my personal RingCentral address book. It has been running since August. This week after a flurry of errors one day last week, I started getting the error...

Error: Access not granted or expired.

at Service_.getAccessToken(Service:454:11)

I have fixed the problem that was generating the production error (badly formed address in the source data). I am still getting the OAUTH error. I have tried suspending and reactivating the app. No change. I have checked the OAUT credentials. They have not changed.

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

What is your app's platform type? Or give me the the app client id so I can check.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Greg Watson avatar image
Greg Watson answered

I don't know if I found the best solution, but I changed my RingCentral account password and redid the Oauth approval dialogue. This generated a new CLIENT-ID and CLIENT-SECRET. Now everything works.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys