News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Is anyone having issues with T-Mobile SMS?
Tags: sms and text messaging, sending sms
Aug 9, 2023 at 2:15pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
John McGill

We're registered and approved with the new 10DLC regulations, but ever since this was implemented we've been having issues with T-Mobile customers. We can't receive their inbound SMS and our outbound SMS messages are intermittent and far from reliable. Has anyone else experienced issues with T-Mobile since 10DLC became the new norm?

on Aug 21, 2023 at 2:29pm   •  0 likes

I have been having issues as well and thought it was RingCentral, but it may be a TMobile compatibility issue since the group texts I send out seem to be okay for a Verizon user, but all those who are on TMobile are getting the texts as individual texts, so they have no idea who is in the original group I sent it to. They also cannot tell who responded. I always have to preface the text with - "Hi everyone..." so that they know it's going to a group.
I have been on the phone with tech once before that took nearly an hour for them to tell me it's a TMobile issue and its unusable for me so I tried to get out of my contract, but I didn't know it auto renews all lines every two years, so I'm stuck for another 18 months.
I am now on the phone with them for over 2 hours as we work through the call quality issues and now texting issues.

on Aug 15, 2023 at 9:09am   •  0 likes

John, yes we have many Users having this issue. All tied to Tmobile. RC Support is saying its a Tmobile issue.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 10, 2023 at 8:15am  

John, I believe this issue has been resolved but would like to share it with any other folks that have experienced an issue - this was related to a brief service impairment, but the issue has been resolved.
If you're still experiencing an issue, please connect with Tech Support directly to create a case.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us