Skip to main content

I just have a quick question about the process of setting up Web Hooks for a new company. Does the first person with an organization that links a ring central account, which then registers a webhook with our integration, does this person need to be an admin? I ask this because an issue I am encountering when testing with our prod credentials is that 'you lack the permissions. please reach out to admin to get the required permissions...', something along those lines.

When we distribute this integration, is every company going to need to go through their ring central account and give permissions to all employees? Or is it something that just needs to be done by admin first and that process 'gives the green light' to subsequent employees?

Thanks again for all of your time and effort Phong!

No, you don't need to first nor later to subscribe for webhook notifications by am admin user. But it really depends on what notification filter do you subscribe for and based on the filter, you may need an admin credentials. E.g. to subscribe for other extensions instant SMS notification, you need an admin user credentials to do so.

Is this error based on the fact that I am trying to use my sandbox creds against the prod API?screen-shot-2022-10-27-at-103857-am.png