Skip to main content

RingCentral creates duplicate Phone Call Records in our CRM Microsoft Dynamics. It can be outbound, or inbound. One of the duplicate records will have a recording url attached to it. And another, not always owned by the person who answered the call, will have the call note mapped to the description field of an entirely different duplicate. The duplicates with have a duration of 0 minutes usually but recently they are NULL for duration. We had suspicions that it was related to a phone call record being created with every ring as it bounced through the cascade of available agents, however this doesn’t make sense in the context of outbound calls. The amount of duplicates can be 3-10 duplicate records and now has become even worse as the ‘mapped’ description could be in any of the duplicates created, without rhyme or reason. Has another customer experienced this?

@DynamicsPowerUser Just a quick note to let you know I moved this question out of the Unified CRM extension group as the Microsoft Dynamics integration is not a CRM supported by this specific framework. I have alerted the PM for Dynamics about your issue. 

Thanks @ByrneReese , I haven’t heard from anyone, but Microsoft Support is now punting my duplication issue back to RingCentral: “Regarding the issue with this support request, Kindly reach out to your SBC, Ring central, inform them to look into their Call routing policy as well as their voice routing policy.”

We found that by turning off autolog the issue is minimized, but my agents have found duplicate phone records are still being created, although there are less, we end up with open Phone Calls in CRM with fragments of information.

@DynamicsPowerUser There are multiple RingCentral products you might be a customer of that could be logging calls to Microsoft Dynamics. Let’s see if this might be the case for you. 

1. Are the duplicated call logs literal word-for-word duplicates? Or do they have different information in them?
    1. If they are literally identical, then that feels like a bug in our Dynamics integration.
    2. If they are different then there could be multiple products creating records without the other knowing?
  2. Do you subscribe to any of these products?
    1. RingSense for Sales 
    2. RingCX
    3. RingEX

Hi @DynamicsPowerUser  sorry to hear you’re running into issues with the integration and some duplicate call logs 

This seems to be a unique issue that you are encountering and we’d need more specific information to dig into what’s going on.

I’d suggest opening a ticket with RingCentral Support if you haven’t already. They can review the logs and confirm if the duplicate records are tied to how the integration handles call rings or if there's another underlying issue. In the meantime, check the CRM activity log settings to ensure there’s no mismatch between how inbound and outbound calls are being logged.

Please feel free to reach out to us at https://support.ringcentral.com/ and we can route the case to the right integration leads to get this resolved.