question

Mike Frank avatar image
Mike Frank asked Phong Vu commented

Is it possible to get "ring time" from the call log api?

Hello, I am currently using to call log api to get detailed call log data. My business is interested in the ring time. There is a duration fields which is the number of seconds the call lasted but is there any data on how long the phone was ringing for?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Unfortunately, the call log does not have the ringing duration data. If this is critical for your company, you have to implement the telephony session notification and measure the time by your own app.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anastasiia Popova avatar image
Anastasiia Popova answered Phong Vu commented

Hello our company need ring time too. This question was added more than year ago. So maybe you have been already added ring time to call log api?

8 comments
1 |3000

vyshakhbabji avatar image vyshakhbabji ♦♦ commented ·

For now that only way I can think of calculating this time is by running subscriptions with https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Account-Telephony-Sessions-Event event filter and keeping a track of time between Setup <> Proceeding <-> Answered

For more info : https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/calculating-call-time-metrics

1 Like 1 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

No, there is no updates to the call log data to capture ringing time.

You can implement an app to detect that. Read this article to see how to.

You can also use the new API named Call Performance API under bata release. Unfortunately, right now it only gives you the aggregate data. We are planning to provide breakout call data in the future releases.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Harlan avatar image Ben Harlan Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, Phong,
You said in Nov 2021, "We are planning to provide breakout call data in the future releases." Has this feature been added by now (Jul 2022) to the Analytics API or anywhere else?

If yes, what "group by" parameters should I use, etc.? I did not see something like telephony session / call.

If this feature is not yet available, it seems I must compute the ring and wait times using the telephony session events. Is it possible to compute these times for all available call history?

Thank you,
Ben

0 Likes 0 ·
Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ Ben Harlan commented ·

Line of Business Analytics API will only provide your aggregate call data so that you can get "ringing time" but it will be at the aggregate level - see more here https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/analytics/aggregate, not the individual call level. We still have something being cooked to provide individual call-level analytics, but it's still not out, hopefully, it will be in the coming months this year.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Suyash Joshi avatar image
Suyash Joshi answered Suyash Joshi edited

Hi @Mike Frank if you want to get data of not just a single call but on the aggregate level then have a look at the new CallPerformanceAnalytics APIs. Using this, you can get RingTime but looking for 'Ringing' Call Segment filter as documented here https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Performance-Reports/aggregatePerformanceReportCalls

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys