question

kate-green avatar image
kate-green asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Voicemail notification delayed in RC

Anyone else getting an email notification of a voicemail BEFORE the message is displayed in the RC phone? I've had voicemails in the app delayed by hours and sometimes it doesn't arrive in the phone until the next day, but the email arrived. I've had other notification problems and was told to Purge the data, but that doesn't seem to affect the voicemails (it's also a nuisance).
Anyone else have this happen? Is there a setting I could change to get the voicemails in the app more timely?
Thanks!

voicemails
13 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @kate-green Is this only happening on your voicemails? How about Team Messaging, SMS or Fax?

0 Likes 0 ·
kate-green avatar image kate-green mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I'm only aware of it happening with voicemails. I don't use team messaging and I only use it for the occasional text messages, so I couldn't say for sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ kate-green commented ·

Have you already tried to uninstall/reinstall?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Paul Dobbs avatar image Paul Dobbs commented ·

@kate-green are you still seeing this? I am getting many complaints about this from our primary Admin team. They get all the incoming calls. If they miss one, it sends the person to voicemail. But they see no notification the app at all.. we are seeing cases where its sometimes 2 or 3 DAYS before it shows up in the app, and the clients are calling back saying no one got back to them. Did you ever get a fix for this ?

We are also seeing this with the Chat between staff. I just had it happen to me moments ago. A message a staff sent to me at 1:30pm only just showed up now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Paul Dobbs commented ·

@Paul Dobbs If this is still happening, I recommend creating a ticket for your issue.
I've not heard about this happening for other customers, but always a good policy to have support look into it in case it's a bug or a larger issue.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app