question

Marvin Julson avatar image
Marvin Julson asked mary-community-moderator commented

Members show as Guests

I have 3 users (Members) who show up as Guests when they message each other. I haven't been able to get any info out of Support except that it has been escalated and that someone will get back to me. Does anyone have any insight here?

Marvin

ringcentral.jpg

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Pete Bachman - VP of IT x104 avatar image Pete Bachman - VP of IT x104 commented ·

We are experiencing the same issue.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Pete Bachman - VP of IT x104 commented ·

Hi @Pete Bachman - VP of IT x104 please create a case so your case will be tagged a "PKI on Hold," and they will notify you once the issue is fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pete Bachman - VP of IT x104 avatar image Pete Bachman - VP of IT x104 mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

A ticket was created last Thursday, 1/20/22.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
amber-h avatar image
amber-h answered Marvin Julson commented

Hello Marvin,

I suspect those 3 users may be signed in with a Freyja account. (A free personal account.)

Have you had them sign out and sign back in using their company credentials?

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Marvin Julson avatar image Marvin Julson commented ·

Thanks Amber. But that is not it. I signed in as them with their company credentials and it still shows that way. But ONLY when they message each other. They show up fine as Members to the other 70 people in the company.

1 Like 1 ·
Marvin Julson avatar image
Marvin Julson answered amber-h commented

I see now they put the ticket on "PKI Hold". Apparently that stands for Product Known Issue. And they do that when they have to come up with a fix. I guess It will be in limbo for a while. I remember last year we pointed out a time zone problem and that was on PKI Hold for several months before they fixed it.

1 comment
1 |3000

amber-h avatar image amber-h commented ·

Thank you for the update! Sounds like something is in the works, at least.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app