question

Kyle Burgess avatar image
Kyle Burgess asked mary-community-moderator commented

RingCentral App Call Park Notification

Every time a call gets parked via a desk phone, it causes a notification alert (sound) in the RingCentral PC app to go off. It appears to be tied to the "Direct messages" notification sound. When I change the direct messages notification sound, it also changes the parked call notification to match that sound, which is really annoying as I think I'm receiving a direct message every time someone parks a call. I would like to be able to adjust the Call Park notification sound via its own setting without effecting the Direct messages sound. Ideally, I would like to be able to turn the park notification off all together, but keep the direct message notifications on.

ringcentral appnotificationscall park
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Yatin Gera avatar image Yatin Gera ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Kyle Burgess
This seems like a question more relevant to the customer community and less to the developer community.
I am thus moving it to the correct space for better reach and hopefully, someone will be able to guide you in the right direction there

1 Like 1 ·
Kat Britsch avatar image Kat Britsch Yatin Gera ♦♦ commented ·

We are having the same issue. It looks like the park notifications are coming up on everyone's computer, and this is very disruptive. The Managers have asked us to turn them off. When we tried to turn them off, they were directly tied to ALL Ring Central notifications, and this would have other repercussions. We are also unable to turn them off through our Admin portal, and would have to disable RC notifications by individual computer. I hope they come out with a fix for this soon.

1 Like 1 ·
Melissa Burkholder avatar image Melissa Burkholder commented ·

If you figure this out, please share! It is annoying that every time a call is parked, we get a notification.

1 Like 1 ·
Kyle Burgess avatar image
Kyle Burgess answered mary-community-moderator commented

Here is the link to vote on this as a feature request: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-5254

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you, @Kyle Burgess!

2 Likes 2 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

We'll forward this to the Product Team. In the meantime, can one of you submit a Feature Request in the Ideas Portal and post the link here so all of you can vote?

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app