question

Jed Gibson avatar image
Jed Gibson asked Jed Gibson commented

Email defaults to personal on iPad

I am logged into my iPad using my business account and business email is shown in settings. I have linked my buiness/outlook calendar. However, when I schedule a meeting it defaults to my personal email address. Any suggestions?

voicemail
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Do you schedule the meeting in the app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jed Gibson avatar image Jed Gibson mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

yes. I do.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jed Gibson commented ·

When you schedule a meeting using the app, there's a field "Schedule using" which you can select through the dropdown options. Are you able to see it?

screen-shot-2022-03-31-at-42628-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Jed Gibson avatar image Jed Gibson commented ·

My screen doesn't look like that. I don't see a "schedule using" selection. img-0368.pnginkedimg-0369-li.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0368.png (240.4 KiB)
inkedimg-0369-li.jpg (492.3 KiB)

Thanks for your help on this. I was in the VIDEO screen and then picked "schedule."

However, it turns out (most) of the issue is with iPad settings. I have to go into my Apply ID and add my Oulook account there. Once that was done, I could send meeting from RIng Central.

The reason I say "most" is that now that it's working I get duplicate meetings in the Ring Central calendar. When I select the link that takes me to calendar settings there's not way to select only Outlook.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Jed Gibson commented

@Jed Gibson I think you're just looking in the wrong place.
To schedule a meeting click on VIDEO and then you'll see an option to "Schedule" a meeting.
I believe you are using the event feature in the calendar.
Can you confirm?

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I was not using the event feature on the calendar but doing as you recommend above.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app