question

Susan Pieroni avatar image
Susan Pieroni asked Susan Pieroni commented

What is the purpose of Live Report licenses?

What is the benefit of purchasing Live Reports licenses? We have multiple licenses that I was told we needed to have, they are not assigned to anyone but users are still able to access the reporting area along with the Live Report dashboard. I assigned myself a license but am not seeing any difference in functionality with/without a license.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Thank you

analytics and reporting
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered keith-renison converted comment to answer

https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/analytics/live-reports/intro-analytics-live-reports.html

According to the KB article above, having a Live Reports License will give Full Access that lets you make changes to Live Reports, such as adding dashboards, setting privacy, adding or removing dashboard widgets, and changing widget settings.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni commented ·

We have 12 licenses but aren't assigned to anyone. Even with the licenses not assigned we can perform all those tasks that you mentioned. When users log in are they pulling from the license pool? If so, are the licenses only in use when someone is logged into Live Reports?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 Susan Pieroni commented ·

Yeah, there's no real need for more than one license. As you've noticed, there's no limitations as to who can access/modify the feature.

1 Like 1 ·
Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni tak-it1 commented ·

Great - thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

That is understood but can you confirm that only one is needed for the group not multiples?

0 Likes 0 ·
keith-renison avatar image
keith-renison answered Susan Pieroni commented

As the KB article above states,

"A separate license is required for each access account. For example, managers must have a license, and each agent who requires monitoring also needs a license."

This means that regardless of what the application will let you do, you must have licenses for all viewers/full access of the Live Reports interface as well as every agent who is part of a queue that is being monitored by a dashboard. Even though the application does not yet enforce a limit, it would be wise to ensure all agents and managers have a license. Hope this answers your question!

5 comments
1 |3000

Thank you for the additional information. You are probably right - who knows when this might be enforced. We are heavy users of the dashboard to monitor the status of team and call volume and cannot afford any downtime.

0 Likes 0 ·
patrick-hamilton avatar image patrick-hamilton commented ·

We were told live reports was a feature and we purchased the feature. It's not worth it to have to pay for each user that needs to be monitored, nor did our salesman mention this in the proof of concept or purchase agreement. I feel like we've been baited.

0 Likes 0 ·
Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni patrick-hamilton commented ·

Yeah, our salesperson never told us that we needed a license for each person that was monitored as well. We were told the licenses were for users that needed access to the live reports dashboard.

It seems funny that we've been on RingCentral for two years without any communication regarding our license count but since I brought this up on the community I am being hounded by an Account Coordinator stating we are over our licenses and trying to sell us more.

Since we have 12 licenses and only had five users accessing the dashboard I had actually thought about reducing the number of licenses. It would have been helpful if there was more clarity at the beginning...unless the rules were changed along the way.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott StPeter avatar image Scott StPeter Susan Pieroni commented ·

We've encountered a similar situation. We've been informed that we can purchase the needed licenses at a discounted rate before our next billing cycle, we can remove the unlicensed users and utilize the licenses we currently own, or we can do nothing and we will be billed for the overage at the standard rate. We were never informed from our rep how the licenses were to be allocated. I also find it interesting that they've added a statement at the top of Live Reports stating how licenses are to be assigned. They are also offering a License Status Report option now. None of this had been there in the past.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app