question

keith-w avatar image
keith-w asked Phong Vu answered

Automate Paging via Text to Speech

I am looking to be able to leverage the ringcentral app to make paging easier. I would like to be at to type out a page message and then use text to speak to read it over the speakers. For example, type "@ #### (paging group number) Tina you have a call on Park 1"

I am not sure if this is even feasible or where to start with developing it.

ringcentral app
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Paging, do you mean the RingCentral internal messages?

0 Likes 0 ·
keith-w avatar image keith-w Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

We use overhead speakers to page employees various items but primarily to alert about calls because in our environment (retail) we are always sitting at a desk

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ keith-w commented ·

My question was about where the paging text coming from. The first thing to identify is if and how to access the text message. If it's not from RingCentral, then you cannot access it using RingCentral platform API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sorry for the long delayed response. I checked around and I could not find any API to access this kind of paging feature. So there is nothing we can do with the RingCentral API platform for this feature. Since this is a community site for programming questions, do you mind to post your question as a new idea in this channel.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys