question

john-crocker avatar image
john-crocker asked tak-it1 commented

Users showing active on phone, but are not

I have two users that after disconnecting from a conference call this morning, are now showing as active on everyone's phones (that have them in their quick dial list). I am not sure what is happening, or how to clear this. Has anyone ever had this issue, aor any suggestions? We have tried restarting both of these phones.

hud
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-crocker avatar image john-crocker commented ·

They are showing active on everyone's phone that has them as one of their users in Presence. I have tried rebooting a phone showing that, and after the restart, these two users buttons are still showing lit up. The Desktop App correctly shows them as off the phone. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ john-crocker commented ·

@john-crocker do you have a screenshot? Please send it here so I can check. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
john-crocker avatar image john-crocker mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

phoneissue-5-18-2022.jpg

This is one of the desk phones. As you can see, the two lights on the phone are the two that are staying on now, even when the people are off those phones. Anyone that has their extensions in the Presence now sees them as active all the time.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

john-crocker avatar image
john-crocker answered tak-it1 commented

After hours, I tried restarting all phones on our system (I enforced the branch templates for all locations) and the lights are no longer showing as active. Not sure why, but this did resolve the issue.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi John, if it happens again, please submit a ticket with Tech Support.

0 Likes 0 ·
john-crocker avatar image john-crocker mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I had a case open also. Just trying all my options! Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes 0 ·
tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 john-crocker commented ·

so this is usually an issue with UDP/TCP timeouts on your firewall. The Poly phones poll RC every 300 seconds (5 mins) for updates, and if your presence gets hung up, it's likely because there is a timer mismatch on your firewall. Have your IT change all firewall timers to 300 seconds for UDP/TCP.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app