question

Lucas Heneks avatar image
Lucas Heneks asked drake-zhao commented

Chrome is reporting an error when loading the extension from the dist directory during the widget tutorial. How do I resolve this?

We are investigating the possibility of using a chrome extension. I attempted to follow along with this tutorial: https://ringcentral-tutorials.github.io/build-chrome-ringcentral-widgets-extension-for-crm/#0

However, at step 3, when loading the extension from the dist directory, chrome reports an error:

There isn't much for me to change in the steps of the tutorial, just couple of npm calls and config.js changes described in the tutorial. Does anyone have any ideas for getting it working?

sdk
rc-ext-err.png (50.9 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

Hi Lucas, it seems there are issues in `background.js` file that generated and built by ringcentral-embeddable-extension-factory

I created a issue here https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable-extension-factory/issues/32 to follow it

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

drake-zhao avatar image
drake-zhao answered drake-zhao commented

Lucas,

You may try create the app again, I have updated the template. Let me know if you have any problem.

npx ringcentral-embeddable-extension-factory my-app
2 comments
1 |3000

Lucas Heneks avatar image Lucas Heneks commented ·

Thank you Drake, I have tried it again and still receive the same error. I should have mentioned this is using the SPA option from the factory in case that makes a difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
drake-zhao avatar image drake-zhao Lucas Heneks commented ·

Lucas, still can not reproduce this error, can you have a meeting with me to check it, just give a time/timezone to drake.zhao@ringcentral.com next week.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys