question

Northern Adjusters WC avatar image
Northern Adjusters WC asked mary-community-moderator commented

Word documents not faxing

We are attaching both Word (.doc) documents and Adobe (.pdf) for faxing via email. The Word documents are being ignored or not sent (failure). If both Word and Adobe documents are attached, the Word document is ignored and only the Adobe document sent.

Word is shown as an accepted file type yet is no longer working.

fax
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

Hi @Northern Adjusters WC I moved your question from developer to user forum as it seems non API related, if not, please let me know else someone should be able to answer here.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

The supported version for doc file is Windows: 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007 Mac: 4, 5.x, 95, 98. If it meets the requirement, you should not have an issue sending it. Please submit a ticket to Tech Support so they can check why you are getting this problem.

https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Northern Adjusters WC avatar image Northern Adjusters WC mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I just got off the phone with tech support. I was told on 6/30/2022, RingCentral did an update removing supported file types .doc and .docx. We can no longer send Word documents and must convert them to PDF for submission. I gave feedback this was inefficient and creating more work to get a fax through.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Northern Adjusters WC commented ·

Thanks for letting us know. Have you submitted your feedback in our Ideas Portal?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app