question

Sue Zanayed avatar image
Sue Zanayed asked mary-community-moderator commented

I'm trying to port out my number, but keeps getting service address error

my new service provider is trying to port out my number from RC, but they keep getting errors of a service address. why is this happening, when I've given them the correct address?

porting and number transfer
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Favor Ayompe avatar image Favor Ayompe commented ·

Same here I keep getting zip code issues which is the zip code on file.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Favor Ayompe commented ·

Hello @Favor Ayompe, I have followed up with the Porting Team regarding the case you submitted.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Sue, the process for porting is very specific and is monitored by the FCC. We follow the policies to the letter to make sure we are in compliance.
If something doesn't match up, it will be rejected.
I would encourage you to review this article and work with your winning carrier to address the issues you're experiencing.
https://support.ringcentral.com/porting.html

-1 Like -1 ·
robert-jerina115 avatar image robert-jerina115 Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

That article only talks about porting numbers into RingCentral. Where is the article for porting out?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ robert-jerina115 commented ·

Again, I would recommend working with the winning carrier that you are porting to, as they will be able to help you identify the error and work to assist in correcting it.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app