question

Christa Harter avatar image
Christa Harter asked mike-norton commented

Increase in Spam/Phantom Calls

Our company has been experiencing an influx of phantom call in the last two weeks. We seem to be getting at least 5 a day if not more. The calls come through as normal, there is no indication that they might be Robo Calls. When we answer there is nothing on the other line. No noise or anything at all. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is there something that can be done to reduce this?

ringcentral appspamphantom calls
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-norton avatar image mike-norton commented ·

We've seen the same issue... lots of calls with nobody there. It's been very frustrating for our sales team. It's been an issue with our Canadian phone number for a couple years now, and is becoming a major problem with our main US number now. Hopefully RingCentral gets this fixed fast...

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Christa, where do you receive calls? Is it on the app or deskphones?

0 Likes 0 ·
Christa Harter avatar image Christa Harter mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This is happening on the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Christa Harter commented ·

Thanks! Does it register in the Call Logs?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered Christa Harter commented

Hi Christa,

I would recommend checking out our Robocall Mitigation option: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Robocalls-Mitigation.html.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Christa Harter avatar image Christa Harter commented ·

I can try this but I am unsure if this will work as the phantom calls coming in do not have the "Suspected RoboCall" label on them.

0 Likes 0 ·
Christa Harter avatar image Christa Harter commented ·

This unfortunately has not helped.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app