question

Mark Foster avatar image
Mark Foster asked mary-community-moderator commented

Multi-Level IVR

Currently have a single level IVR set up through AT&T Office@Hand. I want to switch to a multi-level IVR, but receive the following message when I click on the drop down box

"Warning: By switching to Multi-level IVR mode, all of your existing company call handling settings will be discarded. Please confirm that you wish to proceed"

If I switch to begin building out a Multi-Level IVR, what happens to the incoming calls for the single level IVR that was previously in place?

ivr
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

All settings will be cleared, and incoming calls will be unavailable until you setup the Multi-level IVR properly.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

I saw that as well when I was doing the initial set up - caught me by surprise, as this shouldn't happen from a programming standpoint. Not knowing if we would need multi/single level, I went ahead and created in Multi level mode just in case. Saved me many hours of trouble.

Really wish they'd spend some time and program in the Single -> Multi migration

Of course, it wouldn't work going the other way - so I could see that warning, but single to multi - that should already be in place!

Make it happen Mary! ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Joe Cache commented ·

Yes, Joe! We'll share this with the Product Team. I would appreciate it if you could submit an idea for this, too. https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app