question

Lane Hensley avatar image
Lane Hensley asked Lane Hensley answered

About 80-90% of outgoing SMS messages fail

We've only been on RingCentral since the summer, and lately, most outgoing SMS messages fail. Based on reading other people's questions on the same topic, I gather this is common and that RingCentral's stock answer is "we sent it to the carrier, they didn't deliver it, nothing we can do about it." Does anyone have a solution or work-around? status.ringcentral.com says everything is fine, but it's not, and it's almost impossible to get a human being on the phone. Do they always just lie like this? Thinking seriously of breaking our contract.

sending sms
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Lane, let me help you with submitting a ticket to Tech Support. Please send us an email at Community.Support@ringcentral.com.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lane Hensley avatar image Lane Hensley commented ·

I tried that. No reply. Can't open a ticket either. System responds with "Something went wrong. Please reload the page or try again later." Do any other customers have this issue? All users on our account do, independent of which device they're using or over multiple different networks. It's pretty much impossible to get through to a human being at RingCentral.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lane Hensley avatar image Lane Hensley commented ·

Also, the "Report Outdated" note is inaccurate. The problem is happening right now.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Lane Hensley avatar image
Lane Hensley answered

Begging for help. The problem has persisted for about a week now. Every time I get through to a person, they open a new case, so case numbers 16504992, 16509214, 16513461, and 16514418 apply. Do you actually pay someone to run support at RingCentral? Whatever he or she is paid, I'll ignore your customers for half that. If anyone is reading this and considering signing a contract with RingCentral, don't do it. Please, please, please help me. The product is excellent, and the support could not be more useless. Please do not send me an email telling me that you've opened a new case or updated an existing one and that you're looking into it. That is a damn lie.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app