We have had about 30 RC phones/extensions for 10+ years now so I'm pretty familiar with admin but there are a lot of new features that I'm learning about. We are adding a small mostly separate division to our company. For now, it will be an executive and his assistant, each with a Polycom VVX 450 deskphone - doubt they'll use web or pc or mobile apps.
We would like to configure one incoming (division main) phone number (which is different from our company main number) to:
- be able to be picked up on either phone,
- both of these phones to be able to see CallerID of incoming calls as they come in,
- visually see incoming call blinking on both phones and be able to set different ring type/volume for intercom vs incoming call
- either phone be able to place call on hold and pick up from other
- to have the same division main outbound callerID for both phones
- have up to four calls simultaneously come in on this division number (example each person have one call on hold and one active call) before sending new calls to this number to voicemail.
- Can this Division number be listed in directory separate from our Company?
We have been playing with: each phone having a direct line plus being members of a Shared Line Group, or setting up Call Coverage, or Directed Call Pickup, or maybe even set them up as a completely separate account - but would love to hear some Pros and Cons of the different ways to set it up from some Pros!