question

Sara Swingle avatar image
Sara Swingle asked Sara Swingle commented

Group call queue doesn't route call to numbers in call handling.

We have a group call queue on extension 2. What is supposed to happen is that the call handling means the call first goes to the user at extension 18 and, if they don't answer, go to the user at extension 16; if extension 16 doesn't answer, it should go to voicemail. However, once the client chooses extension 2, the phone never rings for extensions 18 and 16; the call rings for the allotted amount of time on the client side then goes to voicemail. The users at extensions and 18 and 16 get no notifications other than that a voicemail has been left. How do I fix this?

call handlingcall queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Sara Swingle commented

You may try to adjust the Maximum caller wait time in a queue under Wait Settings. It should sync to the "Number of ring before trying new member."

Example: If you have four members in sequential order and you set the "Number of rings before trying new member to 6 rings/30 seconds, " your Maximum caller wait time in a queue should be set to 2 minutes.

screen-shot-2022-11-15-at-42517-am.png

screen-shot-2022-11-15-at-42655-am.png

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sara Swingle avatar image Sara Swingle commented ·

That is not the issue. As I stated in my original post, the phone rings for the allotted amount of time on the client side but does not ring at on the users' sides.

Client calls, chooses extension, hears greeting, listens to 30 for one extension, listens to another 30 seconds for the second extension, then goes to voicemail. The phone does not ring at all for the user at extension one nor the user at extension two.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Sara Swingle commented ·

I understand what you mean. Are these the only extensions having issues?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sara Swingle avatar image Sara Swingle mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

For this specific issue, yes.

If I attempt to reach the extensions otherwise, they work just fine. It is only when I call the group call queue that they do not work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app