question

Geoff Schwenker avatar image
Geoff Schwenker asked mary-community-moderator commented

Limited Extensions no longer allowed in Call Handling

I used to be able to add Limited Extension into the Call Handling area on users as I would create a user called Ring All that would allow all phones to ring in a location. As of 12/20/22 I have noticed that I can no longer add Limited Extensions in to the Call Handling so they will ring with the rest of the phones in the location. Is this a new bug or a restriction that has been placed on limited extensions?

call handlingextension
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Geoff, someone from the Product Team is currently checking on this. I'll update you soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
Geoff Schwenker avatar image Geoff Schwenker mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi Geoff, as per Product Team, Limited extensions do not support call handling features, so adding a limited extension device to a user's ring list is no longer possible. Existing configurations continue to work as expected.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Geoff Schwenker avatar image Geoff Schwenker commented ·

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have been told that this feature has been removed now and I have to add the phone numbers for the limited extension manually now.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Geoff Schwenker commented ·

You're welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions related to this so I can get more information. You can also submit a feature request to add this back; if other people want it, you all can vote. Just go to https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ and post it there.

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app