question

Shannon Habermehl avatar image
Shannon Habermehl asked Becky-Community_Manager answered

Can I have our main phone numbers (local number and 800 number) ring to multiple extensions at the same time?

I would like to set up our main phone numbers to ring to more than 1 user extension at the same time and if no one answers, it would ring to an automated attendant / IVR menu,

call handling
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

AJ Hamilton avatar image AJ Hamilton commented ·

This is what I'm looking for as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered

What you are describing is a 'call queue' - you can set it up so that a call coming to it goes to various extensions at the same time, and the first one to pick up gets the call. The call handling in the call queue does allow for it to be sent to another extension (call queue, ivr, etc)

We have ours set to an IVR first with all the calling details, a department choice, etc. - along with the choice to press '0' for an operator call queue. if no one answers the operator queue, it goes to another department so that a real person does answer.

we have about 30 phone numbers total - 800 and local - and yes, you can point them to where you want. Our Burbank numbers go to that office, the direct numbers for certain staff go to their extension, etc.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered

Thanks, @Joe Cache! Love hearing about the way you use the product.

@Shannon Habermehl @AJ Hamilton You can learn more about setting up a call queue here:
https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Call-Queue-Overview.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_MVP&language=en_US

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app