question

David Hazen avatar image
David Hazen asked Mike Stowe commented

SMS Registry

Confused on the registration. Is Ring Central charging $40 do facilitate the registration process of registering my SMC? They provided me the attached form to fill out for the registry process. Is this all I need to do? is fill out that form and send it to Ring Central. Also, why can't I just submit the form to the csp.campaignregistry.com or should I use Ring Central because there advantages of using you guys to facilitate this process.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered Mike Stowe commented

Is Ring Central charging $40 do facilitate the registration process of registering my SMC?

RingCentral is not currently charging any additional fees for TCR registration. Any fees incurred would be from TCR, Syniverse, or T-Mobile (they would show up on your RingCentral bill, but again we are not charging processing or other fees as part of this process).

The $40 fee specifically is for third party vetting if needed for T-Mobile (they limit SMS to 2,000/mo per brand unless vetting is completed).

As for the charges you will incur and when you will be charged, please look at the bottom of the form provided (last checkbox), additional details will be provided there.

Why can't I just submit the form to the csp.campaignregistry.com

TCR requires businesses to register through their Communications Service Provider or CSP. Unfortunately, this means you are unable to register using their website (for CSP registration only), or register with TCR without going through a CSP.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

David Hazen avatar image David Hazen commented ·

Sorry I am still confused What do I need to do to register the SMS 1)) Use the form and send to to Ring Central or 2) Go to https://www.campaignregistry.com? If I am to send the form to Ring Central, where do I sent it to at ring central?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ David Hazen commented ·

You may upload the filled-out document in the secure Box upload link embedded in the form.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ David Hazen commented ·

Here is the URL to access the form, once completed you can upload via the embedded link (same link Mary provided).

https://www.ringcentral.com/tcr

As a reminder, you only need to fill out this form now if:

• You signed up after Dec 1, 2022
  • You are adding new numbers that need SMS to your account
  • You have open SMS related support tickets
  • Your rep has reached out to you directly and said you need to register

All other RingCentral customers may wait until it is available in the Admin Portal on February 10th, and will not be impacted as long as they register by March 31st.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app