question

Sara Jennings avatar image
Sara Jennings asked mary-community-moderator commented

Queue Call Holds to Answer Another Call

Is it possible to put a queue call on hold in order to answer a waiting call? For example, speaking with queue call customer-1, while customer-2 is queued. I want to put customer-1 on a brief hold to answer customer-2, then place customer-2 on hold and return to helping customer-1. Once done, then take customer-2 off of hold.

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi @Sara Jennings! This behavior is not possible with Call Queue. Incoming calls are distributed equally to members depending on the order of the call, so a user cannot answer multiple calls.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Danny DeGrote avatar image
Danny DeGrote answered mary-community-moderator commented

I found a workaround for this. In the Call Queue settings go to "Pick up settings & members" and add your users and they'll have a button on the phone or the RC client a button on the HUD. And in the settings, for the pick-up settings & members, you can change when the button alerts the users.

- On the phone, it'll flash red if another call is coming in while on a call from the call queue or any call. On the RingCentral app, it rings and lets you know with a pop-up and it plays whatever ringtone you've selected in the settings. Unfortunately, it doesn't ring the phone while on a call so users will have to pay attention.

- If the users are using the softphone option it works the same but you can answer calls and put them on hold.

If you have more questions about this let me know. Or and new findings also let me know

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Danny, thank you for sharing your knowledge. Your insights are much appreciated and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app