question

IT Manager avatar image
IT Manager asked IT Manager commented

macOS video calls cannot initiate nor join - varies for different users/

I have a mix of Macs in my office from 10.13 to 10.17, when we try to do video conferencing group calls, there is a range of different issues depending on who is calling who:

- when click Video call button, no response

- click ideal call, then get popup 'start a video call' then click Start button no response.

- some users if receive an invite, click Join, no response.

Seems that using mobile device android or apple doesnt have issues. Sadly none of my colleagues have patience to work with me to troubleshoot, they just want to get on with other things. and i cant troubleshoot on my own. I suspect related to Safari, thats mostly our default browser, but i have changed mine to Firefox and i couldnt get any different outcomes.

Is there anyone having issues on macOS?

we are using the macOS Desktop App.

video
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi! There's an option in the RingCentral App to report issues, and the team will look into it immediately. Go to Resource Center > Report Issue. You may also submit a ticket at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

0 Likes 0 ·
IT Manager avatar image IT Manager mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

yes, I have submitted a support request but still after more than 2 weeks they dont reply.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app