question

Chris Collins avatar image
Chris Collins asked Chris Collins answered

How to get FAX permission for +12678634344?

I was just recently granted SMS permission. Could I also get FAX permission as well -- or is that something I can do myself?

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

No need. Your number type is Voice & Fax.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chris Collins answered Phong Vu commented

I'm getting this message when I try to run the stock Python FAX code: In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [Faxes] permission.

Sorry, I wasn't clear before -- I need the app (not the phone number) to have FAX permission. Is that something I can grant myself? I can't find where.

Chris

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, login your RingCentral developers portal, open the app and add the Fax app permission.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Collins answered

Sorry ... I found it. All set now.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys