question

Neil Sakamoto avatar image
Neil Sakamoto asked mary-community-moderator commented

TCR registration, I dont have a business

I use ring central so that whole family can reach me via voice and text in europe from the US.

I am NOT a business!!! I dont have a tax EIN nor an "brand". How do I register so that I'm not blocked by Tmobile?

sms and text messaging
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ed Cummings avatar image Ed Cummings commented ·

For 15 years I have been a RingCentral non-business, personal-use-only customer. I need and use my RingCentral SMS service exclusively for personal, non-business purposes, and have just paid for another year of service in advance.

How can a non-business personal RingCentral account holder apply for TCR registration? Obviously, a person who has never owned or operated a business has no EIN to register, no campaign to register, no brand to register, etc.

Please advise how I can continue using my RingCentral SMS service for personal, non-business purposes in light of the fact that answers to TCR application questions exclusively apply only to businesses. In my case, the answers to these TCR application business questions do not exist.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Ed Cummings commented ·

Hi @Ed Cummings,

We completely understand your frustrations. Unfortunately, as we've moved through this process, RingCentral has identified that getting TCR set up for customers who are not business owners is much more elaborate and time intensive. Our internal teams have made the decision to not support registration of TCR for non-business customers.

We understand this is not what you want to hear, but we encourage you to explore the commonly known cellular providers for personal SMS.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

Unfortunately, the way the reclassification worked, all SMS from RingCentral and similar providers is now considered "business SMS" or "10DLC A2P."

TCR does provide a Sole Proprietorship registration that does not require an EIN, however, it comes with significant limitations and oversight. It is also now more expensive than low-volume conversational SMS. For these reasons, RingCentral, along with numerous other providers are not currently offering Sole Proprietorship registration as an option. This means, unfortunately, only registered businesses will be able to utilize RIngCentral's SMS features and capabilities when using or sending to a US number.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Casey Rush avatar image Casey Rush commented ·

Will residential users be able to receive texts/do these rules only apply to sending?

0 Likes 0 ·
SoCal Tropical Pool Service avatar image SoCal Tropical Pool Service commented ·

This is so crazy! I can not believe we will be forced to get a partnership EIN number when we are just a married couple doing business as.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ SoCal Tropical Pool Service commented ·

Unfortunately, this is not an RC requirement but an industry requirement through the Carriers.
If you have additional questions, please share them here and we'll be glad to answer them.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app