Question

TCR registration asks for information that does not exist

• 7 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I am a sole practitioner. I do not have an EIN. The template that you have to fill in requires an EIN. I am not going to get an EIN just to make RC happy. And my plan is self-service only. No live person to speak to.

I'm getting very frustrated with RC to the point of pulling the plug and going elsewhere.

4 replies

Userlevel 2

@Tom Simchak Our recommendation for unregistered businesses is to get an EIN.
Our understanding is that other providers are taking a similar approach as the sole proprietor option is extremely limited and has additional oversight requirements.

We would recommend using RC Team Messaging or potentially other social messaging solutions like WhatsApp.
Happy to discuss this further - feel free to shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

Something to throw into the mix...99%+ of my messages are sent from my desktop. Which is not connected to a cell carrier. Does this new policy apply to that sort of usage, too?

rc-screen-shot.jpgBecky---I do not use the RC App. As I said, 99%+ of my messages go through what I believe to be the desktop app. I'm not sure what Ring Central Messaging is. This image is what I see when I message. I used the voice screen as the text screen has way too much to redact.

So, what am I using? RC Messaging or the desktop app?

Thanks for your time.

Not the answer I was looking for. :(