question

Dion Hughes avatar image
Dion Hughes asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

External companies sending SMS on our behalf

We use 3rdy party companies to send text to customers for most of our text messaging. Our employees communicate with the customers through the websites of these companies. We do use RingCentral for texting as well, just not nearly as much. I realize I will have to setup TCR for our use with RingCentral. My question is about these 3rd party companies. Are we responsible for setting them up in TCR as well, or is that something the are responsible for? I'm not sure how to approach this since it's not through RingCentral, but they are sending them on behalf of our company.

sending sms
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dion Hughes avatar image Dion Hughes commented ·

Sorry, I meant to comment instead of answer. The numbers they are using do not belong to us.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Dion Hughes commented ·

Okay, great! You will need to ensure that they are registering those numbers.
I would just do a cursory connection with that third party to have them ensure they are on top of it for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dion Hughes avatar image Dion Hughes Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you Becky

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Dion Hughes I am checking on this question, as I'm not completely sure and don't want to lead you astray.
If there numbers that they are using to push out the texts belong to you, I would guess that you DO need to register them so their work won't be hindered.

BUT - I want to confirm with some internal folks before I give you an answer.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app