question

Design Vocals avatar image
Design Vocals asked Design Vocals commented

SMS not working

Hi,

It's been 5 days, SMS are not working and the automated message on chat support or call says about problem with RingCentral Outage and It will be resolved by Thursday which is passed away already. Also we can check the updates on the http://www.status.ringcentral.com/ and Fun part is that page is unreachable. How muhc longer it will take to resolve this issue?

sms and text messagingsending sms
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ringcentral-customer avatar image ringcentral-customer commented ·

RingCentral sucks. I'd suggest moving away asap.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

Please look for an update to be sent via email shortly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Design Vocals commented

@Design Vocals Where did you get that link from? This is the correct link https://status.ringcentral.com/

Unfortunately, the issue is on some mobile carriers, I believe that the issue has been escalated to the carriers and they are working on it.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

The issue is with RingCentral, specifically as it relates to them being able to send outbound SMS. This is not a carrier problem as RingCentral appears to be the only provider affected by it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Design Vocals avatar image Design Vocals commented ·

Hi Phong Vu,

I have got this from another community post and i also checked https://status.ringcentral.com/ , it wasn't working either. Anyways, my main concern is about the issue related to SMS. Your reply isn't satisfactory and it suppose that your customer / technical support service has no idea about the problem. User can receive sms from mobile carriers but unable to reply / send.

0 Likes 0 ·
Design Vocals avatar image
Design Vocals answered Design Vocals commented

For the further evidence, please visit to that corrected url you've provided me. You'll see who has the issue RingCentral or Mobile Carriers.

1678490887027.png

1678490887027.png (50.8 KiB)
4 comments
1 |3000

Yea, the issue is that RingCentral has an outage of Outbound SMS messages. That's what this incident page shows.

0 Likes 0 ·
Design Vocals avatar image Design Vocals ringcentral-customer commented ·

They're still investigating since March 7 :)

1 Like 1 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ ringcentral-customer commented ·

We will be providing an update on this issue to impacted customers shortly via email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Design Vocals avatar image Design Vocals Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

It will be appreciated more if you resolve the problem instead of replying via email. :)

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys