question

Tyler Ehrig avatar image
Tyler Ehrig asked Tyler Ehrig answered

FromNumber parameter is not detected

I am working with the library ringcentral-web-phone
and I am trying to use the fromNumber parameter to initialize a call with a specific number, but it only dials with the company number.

const session = this.webPhone.userAgent.invite(this.numberValue, {
fromNumber: `${this.selectedNumber}`,
homeCountryId: "1", // Optional, the value of,
});

ringcentral appphonerest api
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Print out the value of that "fromNumber" to see what is the number. Where do you get that "selectedNumber" from?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Ehrig avatar image Tyler Ehrig Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

When printing the value "FromNumber"
gives "From XXXXXX67900*1005"
the value of selectedNumber is
"XXXXXX5997".

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Tyler Ehrig commented ·

I asked where did you get it from? From an event payload? What is the type of that number, a company number, a direct number or the main company number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Tyler Ehrig avatar image
Tyler Ehrig answered

I'm using Vue.js so the command "this.selectedNumber" it's taking the value from the state, but yes the number is a company number and it waa asigned to my user (the one that was logged in RingCentral web phone app). The issue I'm having is that I'm not able to make call from any number in my company aside as the delfault one

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys