question

Merrilee Guarini avatar image
Merrilee Guarini asked Sean Vieira commented

PDF v Admin Portal TCR Registration - received email today re: PDF

Hello! We submitted PDF version of TCR registration Feb 2nd following the example forms and responses, and were advised to follow to a tee which I did. While PDF was still in limbo, we did self registration in Admin Portal as directed by Ring Central. Just received an email today with comments regarding two issues on our PDF (case # 17441147) and directing me to self register in Admin Portal which I already did ths past Monday. Are the PDF reviewers not looking at the pending Admin Portal registration info which is more thorough and up to date? I thought the portal registration would override the PDF anyway? Thank you!

admin portal
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

My apologies, typically team members reviewing the PDF submission do check TCR first to see if there was already a registration, or a registration was submitted via the Admin Portal. Will pass this along as a reminder to check these two items first before responding to PDF submissions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean Vieira avatar image
Sean Vieira answered Sean Vieira commented

I had the same issue. Filled out and submitted the PDF (1 Feb), had an issue, was told to correct the error and resubmit (23 Feb), resubmitted the PDF (23 Feb), and was then told to use the portal on 6 Mar. I registered on the portal an my Brand Identity was approved in day. I thought great, I can start using SMS. Nope, you then have to get back on the SMS portal and submit your campaign for approval, which will take at least another 30 days. No one at RingCentral could tell me what happened to my PDF forms.

RingCentral's TCR registration is a total goat-rope. What's interesting is that TCR registration only took a few days to be fully verified (approved) with the VOIP provider for my other company. It will be interesting to see what happens on 31 Mar. Good luck.

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

My apologies, unfortunately over the last several weeks there have been some changes and additional information is being required. While the team is still working through manual form submissions, most of these forms will be rejected due to the new information being required which is why we are recommending to proceed using the Admin Portal (not to mention and as you already stated, it will be a much, much faster process).

Please note that while we cannot make any guarantees, we are working with our partners to try and ensure that any customer that is in the process of working through their TCR registration is not disrupted by campaign vetting or other delays.

0 Likes 0 ·
Merrilee Guarini avatar image Merrilee Guarini Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

Okay thank you Mike. Yes, I was thinking the Portal registration was much more thorough as things have evolved (as were my responses after watching tutorial and webinar). So now just wait on the Portal registration (currently pending) and don't worry about the PDF? Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Merrilee Guarini commented ·

If you've submitted through the Admin Portal you can disregard any notifications regarding your PDF registration. Instead you may rely on the status in the Admin Portal as well as the automatically generated status emails when there are updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Klein avatar image David Klein commented ·

I am in TCR registration hell as well. Just out of curiosity- what is the other VOIP company that had your registration approved in days?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean Vieira avatar image Sean Vieira David Klein commented ·

8x8. "TCR hell" is a great way to describe it. What's most shocking is that no one told us before we started service in December that SMS would be disabled. The RingCentral Master Service Agreement and my order don't say anything about it either. A customer service rep finally told me RingCentral decided to disable SMS on new accounts last fall. It appears they forgot to tell anyone, including most of their own personnel, including my sales rep (spoke to him again last month). The best part is that they already have our money. Unbelievable.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Sean Vieira commented ·

Unfortunately, in terms of the Dec 1 date there were some very rapid changes that occurred that also required new processes to be put in place. This resulted in delayed communication surrounding these changes to customers which I will personally own. These changes have also been a catalyst for numerous additional steps we are taking to not only improve the process (I will also own that it has not been as smooth as we had hoped, and can be incredibly frustrating), but to ensure more transparency and communication for our customers (both from RingCentral as well as industry partners).

If it would be helpful I will be providing an update on the steps and progress RingCentral is making, as well as take time for Q&A on March 21 at 1pm PDT and March 23 at 10am PDT.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Klein avatar image
David Klein answered Sean Vieira commented

Hi Sean,

Would love to private email you regarding RingCentral vs 8x8. My email is david@icanstorage.com. Please reach out if you are willing to share your experience. I am at the point of looking to move my business to 8x8 if I can’t get this resolved in the next couple of days.

Thanks

David.

1 comment
1 |3000

Sean Vieira avatar image Sean Vieira commented ·

David, I'll shoot you an email in a min. However, I'll can tell you now that the RingCentral interface is more intuitive and it integrates seamlessly with our CRM (specifically SMS, ha ha). 8x8 always seemed a bit complicated to set up and make changes, although their customer support was always available walk me through everything. In reality, I only had to use the admin console a few times over the years, I think only when lines were added or removed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app