question

Josh Calloway avatar image
Josh Calloway asked Fremont Ng answered

TCR registration just totally disabled SMS on my account

Having read the notices that we had until 3/31 to register, I began the registration process 2 weeks ago. Once I started the process, we intermittently had issues with newly provisioned numbers being unable to use SMS. Once my registration was complete but before my campaigns could be set up and accepted, SMS across our entire company became intermittent (per user not per message). Now that our first campaign is registered and I have added 40+ numbers to it, not one single number from our account can send SMS. After contacting support, we have been informed that it may take 3 business days for the campaign to be completely registered with the numbers. In the meantime, we are completely unable to send messages. Seems like RingCentral could stick to the 3/31 date and not start turning off SMS in the interim since we have no control over how fast this happens. Or at least warn that you will lose all ability to send messages while the process is pending.

sms and text messaging
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wilkinson avatar image John Wilkinson commented ·

Same. I am down to posting on the community forum. I've had problems with TCR since day one last year.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

Fremont Ng avatar image
Fremont Ng answered

New phone #s will not have SMS enabled. Old accounts will have it enabled. It stinks for our new employees that can't text. Been waiting approval for over a month.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app