question

J M avatar image
J M asked Julie Gabrilska commented

TCR: New rules don't allow for standard texting?

I signed up for Ringcentral to utilize this as an all in one solution for a new business. Now I am being told I can't text customers as I would with a standard cell phone without obtaining consent.

So the scenario that I am speaking with my customer and I decide to text them something afterwords is not acceptable according to the TCR.

Ive wasted a few months waiting for SMS usage only to be met with this. Pretty frustrating that this money has been wasted.

sms and text messaging
10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@J M Happy to assist with any questions you have.
Please message here or via our inbox at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
jennifer-kammer avatar image jennifer-kammer commented ·

I've used ring central for years and this is also a serious frustration for me. Especially ridiculous when someone gives me their number and asks me to text them, like my neighbors, etc! I know they didn't create the legislation, but it appears there was no one lobbying for us little guys when this all went through.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ jennifer-kammer commented ·

Completely understand your frustration. Unfortunately this is a decision being made by the carriers. The good news is in terms of consent, if your neighbor gives you their number and asks you to text them - that is considered consent and is sufficient to message them. For most messages (exception being marketing/ promotional) you do not need written, logged consent - you only need them to message you first (and then you can have a conversation with them) or for them to request messages from you (or grant permission) either verbally or in writing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Julie Gabrilska avatar image Julie Gabrilska Mike Stowe ♦♦ commented ·

@Mike Stowe How should this type of consent be described when registering a campaign? Please be specific with the verbiage.

0 Likes 0 ·
Peachtree Road Office avatar image Peachtree Road Office commented ·

Are we suppose to register a campaign if our team use RingCentral to communicate with our clients for some updates?

We are also using this to contact other businesses to inquire of their service or request for a quote. How are they suppose to message me first if I am the one who is inquiring?

I also submitted the samples of the SMS that we sent and my registration for the campaign is unsuccessful (reasons are below). I just do not know how to go about this anymore.

• Campaign Attributes do not match website and/or sample message content.
  • Inconsistency between website, brand name, and/or sample messages or inconsistent sample messages
0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Peachtree Road Office commented ·

@Peachtree Road Office I would encourage you to reach out to the dedicated TCR Support Team (855) 925-8622
They can assist you with next steps!

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Bates avatar image Mark Bates Peachtree Road Office commented ·

Same, I have submitted multiple times after making changes to address the rejection reason. Result has been rejection time after time for a different reason.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Mark Bates commented ·

@Mark Bates I would recommend you reaching out to our dedicated TCR registration support team 855-925-8622
They can help you avoid the hurdles you've been experiencing and get you walked through the process.

0 Likes 0 ·
J M avatar image J M commented ·

Three weeks still Pending. I have been paying for Ring Central for going on 4 months and can't utilize it as my business contact number because if my customer texts me I will not receive it. I recognize it is not RC's fault but this is really a disastrous situation that honestly is just going to push people to utilizing standard cell phone plans. Unless they obviously need the campaign function which many of us do not.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ J M commented ·

Hey, Jason - I'm going to check in with our TCR Program Managers about the pending status.
More info soon.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app