question

Notarize Genie avatar image
Notarize Genie asked Phong Vu commented

Production error report

@Phong Vu sir how can i verify error count on production account why they error is coming can we check any where error details ..

sms and text messagingerrors
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Notarize Genie avatar image Notarize Genie commented ·
'/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/phone-number' ,

@Phong Vu on that api 90% number getting error (499 & 429) 200 only only 1 or 2 number how can we solve this?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Your question is not very clear so I can just try to guess here.

First of all, when reading the phone numbers of an extension without specifying any usageType filter, you will get also main company number, company numbers. Extensions can just use those numbers as callerID. Sending SMS from those numbers by that extension will fail, unless that extension is assigned to handle SMS for those company numbers.

Tell me which API gives you the error 429 so I can tell you more what is going on.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Notarize Genie avatar image Notarize Genie commented ·

@Phong Vu Now problem is that sms api is not working(error rate limit exceeded) for above then 40 users because as i read rate limit 40 API calls (40 messages) per 60 seconds. You should call the endpoint following the Medium rate limit. The best approach is to send a message every 1.5 secs (DO NOT calling as fast as possible then wait for the next window). so how can we implement for above the 40 users because api's are hitting for all users on same so is there any setting for set this

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Notarize Genie commented ·

It's up to you to handle the API rate limit. The rate limit is per user, and you have 40 users so each of them can send max 40 messages per minute.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys