question

Josh Yoder avatar image
Josh Yoder asked Josh Yoder commented

Not seeing inbound call phone number on mobile app

I see the city in my mobile app the person is calling from and not their phone number for caller ID. If I view missed calls afterwards, I can see the missed call's phone number. I don't need to see the city a call is coming from, I need to see their number. How do I fix this?

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ty Jenkins avatar image
Ty Jenkins answered Josh Yoder commented

Does this happen on all calls? If not, the issue may be attributed to the CLEC that owns the number. Try calling the mobile app from your office phone or maybe another cell phone.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Josh Yoder avatar image Josh Yoder commented ·

IMG_4320.PNG Sorry for the delay, here's a slightly different example. Sometimes it'll say Unknown and unknown right below, or the city the person is calling from. If there was a way to just list the phone number that is calling, that would be the best.

I can see the inbound number on desktop and I can see it on the call log after the call on mobile, so it seems like it should be possible. I'm not sure if it is on every call, but it's at least on on most of them.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4320.png (563.5 KiB)
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app