question

BARB GERFIN avatar image
BARB GERFIN asked Gurpreet Singh commented

create and save a group text group

I have 40+ employees that I'd like to text regularly via our desktop app. I see no way to create text groups of more than 10. Furthermore, I'd like to send all the texts to this group individually so they don't see who received or each other's response. All doing so without having to reenter 40 names each time. Can I accomplish this?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Gurpreet Singh avatar image
Gurpreet Singh answered Gurpreet Singh edited

Hello Barb

Looks like you need to send an SMS blast/broadcast to these 40+ employees, and not a group SMS. Group SMS is a feature for creating a group among 10 users, so that they can chit chat together.

Your use case can be solved with our beta product : https://sms-campaigns.com/

You can go to above link, and sign in with your RingCentral credentials, and create a SMS Campaign to those 40+ employees. Now this app is not integrated into RingCentral Contacts, so either you would have to upload a csv to keep contacts in this app to reuse, or keep a local simple csv file (name,number) to upload the contacts every time you need to send SMS campaign/blast/broadcast to them.

This https://sms-campaigns.com/ should be able to solve your use case. Pls do comment back if this doesn't work for you.

PS: Before using this beta app, pls make sure your account has active TCR registration and all SMS enabled numbers are linked with TCR registration in admin portal.

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

GPM, RingCentral Platforms

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Gregory Yaschuk avatar image
Gregory Yaschuk answered

If you are using RC Phone app and you want to send text to mailboxes of your own account, then you can send "pager" message instead of SMS and avoid "10 participants" limitation.

1 |3000

BARB GERFIN avatar image
BARB GERFIN answered Gurpreet Singh commented

Gurpreet, thanks for the response. Sounds like that might work for us. We are TCR registered, however, I clicked on the link you provided which takes me to this link https://www.sms-campaigns.com/login which only provides a "Loading...please wait" page that won't load. Please advise.

1 comment
1 |3000

Gurpreet Singh avatar image Gurpreet Singh commented ·

Hello Barb

Can you please try on Chrome and/or Firefox and do it in incognito/private mode to start with. Sometimes this issue may happen because of corrupted cookies/cache. Also make sure you enable pop up in your browser, as 99% of the time this is the issue. As app needs to launch a pop up to get you signed in, and if you don't click and enable it first time, browser will keep on blocking it, and you will just see loading screen. You can also google on how to enable a pop up for a particular site in your browser.

Pls try, and let us know if this solves your issue or not.

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

GPM, RingCentral Platforms

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys