News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Transferred calls dropped
Tags: transferring calls
Jul 11, 2023 at 1:28pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Abby Ahmann

When using the desktop application and attempting to transfer a call but the recipient isn't available to take the call - we have not found a way to keep the call live without it hanging up on all parties. Ex: I receive the call and attempt to transfer to Joe. Joe doesn't answer, or doesn't want to take the call. When I switch back to the caller, if Joe hangs up, it disconnects the call for everyone. If I click the small hang-up button next to Joe, it disconnects the call for everyone. If Joe's voicemail picks up while I've taken the call back, it disconnects the call for everyone. What are we missing on how to take that call back without it disconnecting??

1 Answer
answered on Jul 13, 2023 at 3:51pm  

Sounds like a bug. Small chance you are using the wrong terminology and are not describing correctly what is happening so to check this, here is what I understood from you:

you have 3 people A, B and C
A calls B
A speaks with B
A wants to warm transfer to C (B goes on hold)
C doesn't pick up / reach C voicemail / C picks up but declines transfer and disconnects

at this point expected is:
A is active on the call (B is still on hold)
A should be able to take B off hold and continue call

what actually happens is:
A, B and C are all disconnected

If I got everything right, meaning I understood you correctly, then you should reach out to support.
When I mentioned earlier you might be mixing up terms when describing the issue, I was referring specifically to simultaneous ring groups. If you have them set up on your account, they might look similar to what you are describing if you are not aware of some of their quirks and how to use them.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us