question

Andre Kvitka avatar image
Andre Kvitka asked Andre Kvitka commented

Please suggest a solid wireless desktop handset

I am looking to replace a Yealink W60P cordless DECT IP phone with base station, which stopped functioning 3 days after warranty expired. Does anyone have a use-based recommendation for a brand and model of a cordless/wireless handset to be used with our fairly basic RingCentral setup? I don't need anything fancy - just something that sits on my desk so I can pickup customer calls.

ip phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered Andre Kvitka commented

Rather than go with tradition, I picked up a BT headset, and after testing the quality, battery life, and comfort - ordered one for all of my team. These are bone conducting - so unless you have them with the sound turned all the way up - no one hears the conversation.

https://shokz.com/products/opencomm

There are multiple models with the mic, I just got the basic - and as long as you have a system that has Bluetooth in it, this has been working great for our department (IT/Helpdesk)

I did have to get a BT adapter for my system, but installing wasn't an issue.

Just wish RC would recognize the Shokz button protocols - for answering, hold, etc.

We do have both a physical phone on the desk - but I would say 99% of our calls are answered via the RC desktop app/Shokz. And, there is one '*' - long hair may get in the way - all depends on how one wears theirs.

Just a suggestion.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andre Kvitka avatar image Andre Kvitka commented ·

Thanks for a recommendation, but I just need a regular hand set/phone that lives on the desk and works well with RingCentral.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app