question

Josh Dennis avatar image
Josh Dennis asked

USB Headsets for Poly phones stopped working with the 6.4.4 firmware update

We use Poly vvx250 phones and recently migrated to RingCentral from another provider. On that provider the phones had the firmware version 5.9.8 and we were able to use Logi H340 usb headsets. During our testing for rollout the phones were being updated to 6.4.2 and the headsets still were working. About October I noticed that the firmware being pushed from assisted provisioning switched to 6.4.4 and we started getting feedback that the headsets no longer worked.

Assisted provisioning limits our ability to test different firmware, so I manually configured a Poly VVX 250 and pushed the firmware to 6.4.5 and found the headset still gave a pulsing sound and would occasionally lock the phone up. I upgraded to 6.4.6 and the headsets are working again. How do we request testing or support from Ringcentral on issues like this? We are a non-profit and selected these specific headsets because they worked for our VDI/thin clients as well as the phones. It is not possible to rebuy different headsets, both from a fiscal sense but also because it would require too much additional testing to verify that other headsets work for all of our constraints.

I have found a post on Reddit that indicates that users of other poly phones are having the same issue.

The 6.4.6 branch of firmware seems to be the best bet for solving my issue.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app