question

jordan-katz11386 avatar image
jordan-katz11386 asked Tyler Liu answered

How to get access token using 2-legged authorization flow for web app in case of ringout api

I m building one web app using the ringout api .I just want to know is there anyway using which i can get the access token without redirecting the application user to ringcentral website from my application .

authenticationringout
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Jordan,

I still don't fully understand your use case. But if you would like to get the access token without redirecting to RingCentral authorization page then the only choice is to use the password flow authorization for your RingCentral app. With that, you can get the access token from your Web app server code and use e.g. the session to pass the access token to the client side.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Or you can use a iframe inside a popup modal to do the redirection. So that users don't actually leave your website at all.

Live demo:  https://tylerlong.github.io/wgc/
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys