question

brandon-padula26 avatar image
brandon-padula26 asked brandon-padula26 answered

Mark a voicemail as read

How might we mark a voicemail as read (or any type of message for that matter)?

Currently, the light still blinks on my desk phone until I either read it on an app, online, or delete the message.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
To update a voicemail or other message's "readStatus" property, use the Update Message API for the messageIds desired.

This API is documented in the Developer Guide API Reference here:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefUpdateMessage.html

You can also try this out on the Sandbox Environment using the API Explorer below (don't forget to authorize):

http://ringcentral.github.io/api-explorer/#!/Messaging/v1_0_account__accountId__extension__extension...
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brandon-padula26 answered
Thanks for that! I tried updating the message, but got this error:

{ "message" : "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support.", "eventId" : "eaae36c7-8d7e-410a-97d2-1e8349266a6f" }

Any idea what might be wrong?
1 |3000

ilya-volkov31 avatar image
ilya-volkov31 answered
Brandon,
Please check that your Content-Type header equals to "application/json". If equals, please specify full request you are sending to server.
1 |3000

brandon-padula26 answered
That did the trick! Thanks Ilya!
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys