question

appliance-dean14767 avatar image
appliance-dean14767 asked Phong Vu answered

UNABLE TO ACCESS SERVER - VoIP CALLING ONLY ERROR MESSAGE

At the top of the screen when I am in the RC App it States "Unable to Access Server" in pink. This has been going on for the last 6 hours. It disables my ability to text or receive new voicemails. After deleting the app - reinstalling the app I now have a error code that VoIP Calling Only - (sorry we are having issues connecting your device to our server. You can make and receive VOIP calls normally, but cannot send or receive messages, refresh your call log or make RingOut calls at this time). I rebooted my device - the error is still there and additionally, all of my text messages are gone.

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi,

Can you provide a little more information about your system:

1. Your system, Windows or Mac OS or mobile app?
2. What is the version of the soft phone? Did it work normally before?
4. Are you the only one who faces this problem in your company?
3. Did you login with your production or sandbox account?

If you are a customer and you log into your production account for just using the soft phone, you might contact the customer support for better support.

Let me know

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys